Boston Expungement Attorney
Record Sealing and Expungements in Boston
An expungement refers to removing a criminal conviction from your permanent record. Sometimes expungement is referred to as “sealing your criminal record.” If you have been convicted of a crime and are interested in getting your record expunged, it’s important to speak with an attorney who has experience in this area of
criminal law. By working with an experienced Boston expungement lawyer like Thomas A. Brant, you can increase your chances of successfully expunging of your criminal record.
Why should I expunge my criminal record?
In Massachusetts, criminal records are easily accessible, especially to employers and financial institutions. Having an arrest or conviction on your criminal record can easily affect your ability to find quality employment, or obtain a loan or credit, which in itself can make it difficult to buy a car or find a place to live. Furthermore, after a successful expungement, you will no longer have to mark “yes” on any type of application that asks, “have you ever been convicted of a crime?”
When can I expunge my criminal record?
In Massachusetts, a judge will agree to an expungement when the following facts are true:
- You were not found guilty and you were not acquitted of a charge
- It has been at least 10 or 15 years since you completed your sentence. However, if you were arrested for any crimes within the last 10 or 15 years you will not be eligible for an expungement
- If you were charged and convicted under the wrong identity
- If you were a minor when the crime took place, you can get your record sealed three years after you’ve successfully completed the terms of your sentence
Contact Boston Criminal Lawyer Thomas A. Brant
Don’t let a past conviction affect your chances of moving on from your mistakes. Boston expungement attorney Thomas A. Brant can help you take the necessary steps to achieve a successful expungement. Mr. Brant has represented many clients in Boston seeking an expungement, and is very skilled in this area of criminal law. Furthermore, you can trust that Mr. Brant will be by your side every step of the way, protecting your rights and aggressively pursuing the best possible outcome.
To learn more about expungements, Contact Boston criminal attorney Thomas A. Brant today at
(617) 765-4903. A successful expungement will be invaluable to your future!